Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Accidents are Best


For those of you who have worried about me, no, I have yet to be arrested. They have not upped the security to that extreme... Plus I think they are worried that if they begin arresting before next week they are not going to have room for all the protesters during the actual convention! One of the best - but also most frustrating - things about photography is that your best picture can be totally unintentional. Its great, the majority of the time, when I am photographing my best photos are the ones that I just clicked and it happened. Either the light was just right, the angle was perfect or the subject was caught in the best moment. The frustrating thing about this phenomenon is that it makes the ability to recreate the photo almost impossible. And that is what I love. Sure, its another basketball game with the same starters and the same coach ... maybe even the same opposing team. But that moment that you froze will never happen again. I think about this upcoming week, how "history is being made" and this will never happen again. That happens every day of our lives. Why is it the big events that we stop and think about it? And its this time where we will never see this again in our lives, yet many are trying to get history to repeat itself with Recreate '68. I tell you, being an observer of the human condition and human race, we have no idea what we want. This is just a funny photo, I have a ton, but this is actually pretty interesting with the shadows. This is what my camera sees when I am not using it. It usually happens when walking to class after an assignment because I forget to turn off my camera.

No comments:

Photographs are under copyright. Please, do not steal photos.